Fine speechwriters have always been misunderstood, and hard to find.
True professional speechwriters are obscured by hordes of willing but less focused and often ill-equipped communication generalists who volunteer to write speeches for leaders without appreciating the specialty or committing to the craft.
Serious speechwriters founded the PSA in 2013 to identify the dedicated practitioners of leadership communication and to elevate their practice and make it better understood—to one another, and to the world.
PSA members support the leaders in the highest levels of corporate, nonprofit, university and political life.
To employers and clients, a PSA membership signals expert seriousness about speechwriting. To other leadership communication professionals, it says: colleague. And most importantly, to the PSA member him- or herself, it says commitment.
So if you’re a professional speechwriter, you know what you need to do.
Benefits of belonging to the Professional Speechwriters Association
PSA offers its members training, recognition, connection and purchasing power.
Among an always-growing list of member benefits:
- Authorized use of the official PSA membership logo, for placement on websites, résumés and LinkedIn profiles. This tells potential clients and employers that they’re dealing with a committed leadership communication professional.
- Free 1-year email subscription to Vital Speeches of the Day.
- Free subscription to the daily e-newsletter, Executive Communication Report: Coronavirus.
- Exclusive access to an annual membership survey, letting you know where you stand, financially and professionally, among your colleagues—and helping you negotiate with your employer or clients.
- Easy and exclusive access to other PSA members, through a members-only Facebook group and an exclusive LinkedIn group.
- A 25% discount to attend the Professional Speechwriters Association World Conference, where dedicated leadership communication professionals meet to share ideas and problems that only fellow pros can understand.
- A 25% discount for you and any staffers you send to Speechwriting School and Speechwriting School Online, the most comprehensive and convenient speechwriting courses in the world.
- A 25% discount to the entry fee for the annual Cicero Speechwriting Awards.
- A 25% discount to Leadership Communication Days, the intimate annual roundtable for executive communication professionals.
- A 25% discount to 10 Steps to Writing a Great Speech, the definitive guide to professional speechwriting.
- Free white papers on speechwriting techniques and leadership communication trends.
Other benefits of belonging to the PSA
- You may assure clients that you work under the PSA’s Speechwriter’s Code of Ethics.
- You may claim the authority of PSA membership when you share with clients our “Speaker’s Guide to Collaborating with a Speechwriter.”
- Access to the guidance and mentorship of PSA executive director David Murray and the generous senior speechwriters who make up the PSA’s Advisory Council.
Pragmatic pricing for working professionals
Because speechwriters’ budgets vary as widely as their professional circumstances, the Professional Speechwriters Association sets its annual membership rates accordingly.
for independent speechwriters
for practitioners at nonprofits, universities, government entities and PR agencies
for corporate professionals